Contact me : cr7myselfjoel@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

 There aren’t any writers who have inspired me. But there are books which I have liked. Back when I was a kid, maybe around sixth or seventh standard we had library hour once in a week. We used to love going to the library since it was in the underground floor of our school. By underground not literally underground, it was below the ground floor of our school entrance. Library block was a new block so we had to go down two floors and it was a fun task walking with friends in rows to the library. But going to library without creating a ruckus was not simple as we were the most problematic class. We used to run while other studious boys and girls went in a row. Our race was obviously to get the corner table and take ‘fastrack’ magazine to see the pictures of new cars. And another interesting thing was lending books from the library. In order to reduce the noise table wise students were called upon to select books. We boys used to search for books by Chetan Bhaghat . But we won’t get the opportunity as it would have already been taken by someone else. But still we would search for it. And the second option would be Charles Dickens novels, as it was the trend as everybody would take it. Oliver Twist, A Tale of Two Cities and so on were the books everybody used to take and return. But I didn’t go for the usual books. There I saw another book ‘Famous Five’ by Enid Blyton. It caughtmy eyes because the series had a number of books. So I took one for the first time. But the book I took was actually the second one of the series. I found out about it was the second book in the series as I found a discontinuity. I did not finish the book and stopped it halfway and tried to get the first book from the library. But each day I could not get hold of it as somebody else had probably taken it. So I decided to buy it. My very first book from my own pocket money. ‘Famous Five: Five on a Treasure Island’ was my first book thanks to Enid Blyton because of his story of four friends and a dog caught my attention. I have not yet finished the series as I got bored because of change in trend. Then as I got older I jumped from Enid Blyton to John Green, Chetan Bhagath, Ravinder Singh, Robin Sharma and currently no one. Now instead of reading books I spend more time in television series. 


Jobs that I have done are less, in fact there are not any other than internship jobs. The first job I did on my first internship was working in a Social Impact Organisation called ‘Change’. Then the other was working with an event management company called ‘Brand Eye’ during my second internship. Jobs that I would love to do is pretty much any job related to marketing, handling social media such as that.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages