Contact me : cr7myselfjoel@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

 

                                                                The mud house

 

It was a hot sultry afternoon. I was alone in my home. Despite having a sumptuous meal I felt unnaturally low .I lost count of the number of times I found myself infront of the refrigerator with its door open , relieving myself from the heat, wondering if I could fit inside it and eventually cursing my giant human size.Soon the power went off and and my airconditioner turned back into it's normal self like a cursed soul bearing the leftovers of my unhealthy diet.I decided to get out of my concrete house once it started to act like an oven.

                   I came out and sat on the stairs that lead to my home. The sky was charmingly cloudy with all the beautiful shades of blue and black with some bearing sliver outlines like a metaphor. The plant pot that was hung was still as a statue with no sign of life , indicating the absence of wind.

                    Suddenly an ant bit the little finger of my foot .To my surprise the pain it inflicted seemed to posses a strange sweetness because instead of spitting out curse words , I decided to enjoy the moment in the company of the tiny stranger. So I looked down and saw the ant walking away from me but only to stop a few steps away.It  turned around and looked at me. Atleast I felt like it looked at me. My eyes followed the ants path and then I saw it entering its mud house on the bare ground beside the stairs .The house was massive yet I have never noticed it before  .I wondered how long it took them to built this enormous yet tiny house of theirs.

                   A cool breeze blowed ,calming my body and building on my anticipation for a possible rain. And in a minute it started to rain soothing the dry soil and even more barren minds. Along with  the water flowed

 away the erstwhile uneasiness, filling the chasms with the bliss. Me being a romantic decided to enjoy the rest of the rain drinking a cup of coffee. So I went back to make a cup of coffee for me.

     When the rain finally stopped I went out again and sat on the same stairs . I was chilling in my own company when all of a sudden I remembered about that ant. I looked down the stairs hoping to find the mud house but only to find  it gone. The mud house was lost in the rain. The uneasiness that I felt earlier seemed to creep its way back to me. I felt sad. What if the ant that bit me came to seek help, to protect their house from the rain.? The ant that bit me might be dead right now. I stood there looking for any ants but  there was none.

            When I  turned around to go back to my house. Something bit my foot again. But this time the pain was intense. I looked down in hope of seeing the ant. But instead I saw a scorpion. Aghast...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages